Blah, Blah, Blah Social Media Blah, Blah, Blah . Are you tired of hearing how social media can help your Vacation Rental Marketing? Do you feel like it’s over talked about, over embellished, and are unsure of what results are coming from it? Don’t worry, I’m a marketer and I’m right there with you; seriously stop busting my chops about Facebook already!
But STOP! COLLABORATE! and LISTEN!
Vacation Rental Social Media Marketing
is the BRAND NEW INVENTION!
After reading this blog you will realize the wealth of information there is to be shared and gained from Social Media and how you can utilize this to benefit your Vacation Rental Company.
Take a close look at your social media pages, and evaluate the activity that has gone on. What types of posts are shared the most, who likes what, how many friends or likes are previous guests?Get on every social Media outlet there is. It won’t hurt your company. It will only help.
If you have just started on the social media buzz don’t worry, the answer is going to be the same for everyone.
PEOPLE LIKE PICTURES!
PROSPECTS LIKE REAL LIFE REVIEWS!
Social Media combines Marketing efforts for you. Here are some Travel stats courtesy of The Social Skinny
- The internet is #1 source for travelers to get vacation information.
- 40% said that online outlets have influenced their decision to book a vacation
- Word of Mouth was the 2nd reason why travelers book their vacation
Now what does Social Media do…?
It combines the leading source of travel information “the Internet” with the 1st and 2nd leading sources of travel booking decision making, “online sources – Sharing Platforms” and “word of mouth – Reviews and Pictures”
As Vacation Rental Managers and Marketers you sit at the epitome of social media marketing. Now here is what you need to do to utilize this tactic.
- Have guests share pictures and stories on your page
- Get tagged in those posts
- Get the most of what previous guests say – Fix the bad – Post the Good!
- When your guests post their travels, they “share with friends”. FREE MARKETING
- Make sure your social media page looks up to date and inviting when those friends come searching.
- Link your social media accounts together to maximize reviews and pictures